Low Carb Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake!
Updated: Mar 29
As I've talked about in other posts, I've been looking for ways to make more fun in Autumn. It turns out that Autumn is the traditional time of year to harvest peanuts. And you can make this recipe non-dairy! But still full of buttery, creamy, chocolatey deliciousness! So that is how I will show it off! (Photos taken by me.)
Here's what you'll need: -Equipment- 1 Blender
1 Large Glass
A few spoons
-Ingredients- 1 1/2 Cups of Carton Coconut milk
5 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons of Sugar Free Chocolate Drinking Powder 1/2 Cup of Canned Coconut Milk 2 Teaspoons of Stevia
Optional: Sesame Seeds and/or Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream for garnish. How do you put it together? It's surprisingly easy. I'm genuinely surprised peanut butter shakes aren't more common. 1. The carton of coconut milk is one I chose because I know that it is fairly watery. Canned coconut milk, and some Asian varieties of the carton coconut milk can be too thick and rich for drinking. But if that's what you have, you could just water it down to your liking. I put a little in the blender so that the other ingredients are less likely to stick.
The blender I use has a detachable drum that you screw the blades onto like a lid. So, in my photos it will look like a cup. 2. I say to put in 5 tablespoons of peanut butter. But really, that's a fancy way of saying I think you should put a golf-ball sized amount. But really, I think you should put a little more if you really want to be slapped in the face with nutty-buttery-ness. I used smooth, but if you want more texture then I think crunchy would be really nice.
3. When it comes to the chocolate powder I use Avalanche brand. It is sufficiently chocolaty and sweetened to do well in a wide range of sugar-free chocolate drinks. But then, for this recipe I do recommend also adding a little stevia to accentuate the peanut butter taste.
4. I added some of the canned coconut milk because I actually find the particular brand of carton coconut milk I have too runny and watery for my taste. The canned type is richer, so it seems like a good way to make the shake a little creamier without any real cream.
5. I top up the rest of the blender drum with more of the coconut milk. But if you want more flavour and creaminess, you could add some of the non-diary chocolate ice cream at this point.
6. Blend away, blend away, blend away. In my case, I can only blend one minute at a time, but I don't find this to be a problem with this style of shake since so much of it is soft and liquid. Larger quantities of peanut butter do sometimes need a little help, since it likes to clump.
7. Shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture! Shaking by hand can help more peanut butter chunks to mix in!
8. Pour your creation into a nice glass. I like a big tall one, but you can go with whatever makes you happy. Now is a good time to garnish with sesame seeds if you have them. They compliment the peanut better well in my experience.
9. Of course you can have the shake on its own. but I find the creaminess and nuttiness goes well with matcha flavoured snacks. You might like to try some. :)
If you've been finding my blog posts entertaining or helpful, I hope you'll consider making a contribution of your choosing to my PayPal pool, through the link below. I'm currently saving up so I can repay my student debt as quickly as possible, and unfortunately the ads in this blog aren't paying off. Forming these blog posts takes time, and while I take great pleasure in it, I still find I need to make a living. So, anything you could give would mean a lot to me: paypal.me/pools/c/89Ab7XEzQ9
You might not be able to go outside and have some nice food. But that's okay! Nice food can come to you! DoorDash is a great way to support local restaurants with safe, no-contact delivery. Get $7 off your first three orders over $20 when you sign up with this link: drd.sh/dTgALL/ Get $5 credit FREE when you join Kogan Mobile through the url below! Kogan has some of the best credit prices available, and you can get the first month free. So there is no good reason not to switch! kogan.com/au/r/VKZQBG/ Want an app that helps you save money on your online purchases? If you join Honey you can use all kinds of official vouchers and rewards through Honey! Use this link to join free today! joinhoney.com/ref/wol5yrl Want to get $10 off your first order with Uber Eats? Just use my code eats-shonam894ue and we'll both get $10 free with Uber Eats! Why not put a little food in both our stomachs today? If you would like to supplement your virtual experiences of Japan with real life, wearable objects, you could try perusing my online store. I try to keep my prices reasonable, and my products a blend of the fun and practical:
#japan #kimono #kyoto #osaka #japantourism #ilovejapan #Ilovekyoto #iloveosaka #beautiful #virtualtours #virtualtourism #love #lovelife #cheap #virtualtravel #kansai #kansairegion #kyototourism #simplethings #love #craftersofinstragram #wafuku #kimono #ootd #beautiful #fashion #art #happy #photography #fudangi